If there’s one beauty product I’ve never been crazy about, it’s lip balm. It’s just always been a hassle: waxy, goopy, anti-lipstick, and ultimately-the under gloss. That is, until I tried Pangea Organics Lip Balm a few weeks ago. They tout their ecocentric lip care as being “the balm” and I couldn’t agree more. This is what a lip balm should be-hydrating, soothing, protecting and makeup-friendly.
This balm gives your lips a subtle even sheen that doesn’t leave you with that heavy, waxy feel. After the balm, my lips were smooth, supple and ready for color. That’s the other plus, Pangea Organics Lip Balm didn’t compete with or alter my lip color. Ya!!
Then there’s the scent. The balm is available in three choices: Italian Red Mandarin with Rose (my pick-smells delightful), Egyptian Fennel Grapefruit and Sweet Orange and Pyreness Lavender with Cardamom. Pangea Organics ($12) is available at Sephora or click here.
Here’s a few tips for keeping lips moisturized and pucker perfect:
- Apply lip balm immediately after the shower. This is the best time to moisturize your skin and lips are no exception.
- Use a damp, soft bristle tooth brush to gently buff lips during your cleansing routine. Follow with balm.
- If your lips are extra dry, exfoliate them with a scrub. 1tsp of honey and sugar and rub gently to remove loose skin.
- Resist the urge to bite or lick your lips. This just intensifies dryness and draws attention to the problem.
- Be prepared! Keep balm in your purse as fluctuations in temperature may cause dehydration.
Today’s Monday Mojo: Kiss by Prince.
I couldn’t get this song out of my head as I was writing this. It’s going to be that kind of Monday. Yes!!