I’m in Vegas this weekend and after all the ripping and running at the conference, I needed a moment to relax, relate and release. I went to The Spa at Red Rock Casino & Resort. I had the most amazing facial! It was pure, uninterrupted luxury.
After a consultation with lead esthetician, Jeannie Nagy, we decided that I would best benefit from the Radiance facial, which is designed to brighten the skin. This is an 80 minute specialty facial with double exfoliation. The first is a manual mnipulation of granules on the skin. The second is an enzyme peel that was pretty hot (and I mean that literally).
It felt tingly and was slightly reminiscent of hot cinnamon, but it was the only moment of discomfort. The results were worth it. After cleansing, a vitamin complex, pore extractions, sunscreen, lip balm and a much appreciated hand and foot massage, I truly felt (and looked, so I was told) radiant!
The facial was so relaxing and skin care is so important that I had to know more (and share it with you). I asked Jeannie what we should be doing between treatments and here’s her advice.
- It’s important to cleanse, hydrate, and protect your skin.
- Cleanse at night! This is very important because during the day, the elements, makeup, and pollution can have an impact on the health and look of your skin. Cleansing at night gives your skin a chance to recover. In the morning, try splashing with cold water to awaken, sooth, and refresh your skin without over cleansing or drying out your skin.
- Its important to moisturize your skin. Even people with acne should not be afraid of hydration. Too much dryness confuses your sebaceous glands, causing them to produce more oil. Remember, moisture is never a bad thing! Always use a moisturizer that is lightweight.
- Keep a body scrub in the shower and exfoliate once a week, to keep your skin radiant.
- Its important to protect your skin. I cannot emphasize wearing an SPF enough. When it comes to aging, it’s not makeup that causes the most damage, it’s exposure!
- People always ask me about anti-aging treatment recommendations. The best one is drink plenty of water and stay out of the sun!
- Whether it’s placing thin, sliced, frozen cucumbers on eyelids in the morning to reduce puffy eyes or eating anti-oxidant rich foods like blueberries, when it comes to skincare every little bit helps.
The spa at Red Rock Casino & Resort is truly an oasis in the desert. If you’re staying at the resort for #Blogalicious12 this weekend, mention Blogalicious and receive 30% off. After your facial, massage, or body polish they have a pool and cabanas that are just heavenly. Enjoy!
Thanks to everyone at The Spa at Red Rock Casino & Resort for making my stay unforgettable!